Download our Android App!
Sage's Android App
Download our Apple App!
Sage's Apple App

Donate to Sages

Title

RCBS hand primer.

Just picked this up. I was torn between this and the Lee. But the feedback when I asked on a poll on facistbook a while back convinced me to go with the RCBS.
    First impression, it works, is ergonomic considering I have large hands and seats the primers well. Did need to oil the rod after the first 100 but no issues on the 2nd 100.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    I use the RCBS too. I’ve used the Lee and I like it. The problem with the Lee is I’m not able to prime my big belted magnum brass. The RCBS gets it done.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    My first of press priming system was the RCBS bench mount tool, still have it but have not used I in years. Then over the years I have acquired a RCBS hand primer that uses the RCBS shell holders, a RCBS universal that does not use shell holders and uses the A.P.S. strips, and the Lee which uses the old style round trays. The Lee is by far my favorite for everything from 22 Hornet to the belted mags, and the big rimmed cartridges such as 45/70. I still uses the RCBS universal for 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39 as I d not have the Lee shell holder for them.

Title
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog View Post
    My first of press priming system was the RCBS bench mount tool, still have it but have not used I in years. Then over the years I have acquired a RCBS hand primer that uses the RCBS shell holders, a RCBS universal that does not use shell holders and uses the A.P.S. strips, and the Lee which uses the old style round trays. The Lee is by far my favorite for everything from 22 Hornet to the belted mags, and the big rimmed cartridges such as 45/70. I still uses the RCBS universal for 6.5 Grendel and 7.62x39 as I d not have the Lee shell holder for them.
    The thing that turned me away from the Lee bench primer was the fact that you have to get their shell holders. The RCBS works with my Hornady and Lee shell holders.

Sent from my SM-J727V using Tapatalk

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfdog View Post
    338-378 WBY has a larger base than the opening for the shell holder on the Lee I used. I still like the Lee. My dad has it and has probably primed a million rounds. I just needed something that I could prime everything I reload for.
    I don’t care for the fact of having to take apart the RCBS to change shell holders.

Title
    Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Jakebert2001 View Post
    338-378 WBY has a larger base than the opening for the shell holder on the Lee I used. I still like the Lee. My dad has it and has probably primed a million rounds. I just needed something that I could prime everything I reload for.
    I don’t care for the fact of having to take apart the RCBS to change shell holders.

Biggest I loaded for was 375 H&H which worked on the lee, Wetherby is a bit bigger for sure Lee does make a shell holder that would fit but would have to open up the top lip of the tool for the case to fit.